Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Woe Is Me Post



It’s been nearly a year since I wrote something here.

Part of it –or most of it- is that other sites do this stuff better and all I’m doing is repeating what they wrote, trying to put my own spin on it. I don’t know how or have connections that would get me information before everyone published it.

Plus, I’m no journalist. 

The other part is that I’ve lost interest in reporting news about stuff I never plan on seeing. And that’s another thing that has changed in me. I used to care about this stuff, used to see almost every movie that came out, watched all the popular shows and followed the news coming out of Hollywood with bated breath. Now I could care less because it’s mostly about reality/game shows and paint-by-number dramas that demean women with such striking violence it shocks me that folks actually like this stuff (I’m looking at you Criminal Minds and Stalker). Oh, there are shows I like, but the list of shows I don’t like or watch is much longer than the ones I do like and watch. I still watch nothing on CBS.

And this past summer, I went weeks without turning the TV on. 

And I’m paying 9.99 a month for Netflix that I don’t even watch and what few Blu Rays I have bought over the last few months are still sitting in there factory sealed packages.

I’m at a crossroads –have been really for three years (which means, maybe, I’ve been stopped dead in my tracks with no means or ways to choose which path to take). And I’m tired, oh so tired of sinking in the mud, drowning and never finding the surface.

Still.

Still.

I want to get back into reporting news; just got to figure out a way to put my own spin on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment